APPLICATION & HIRING PROCESS
READ the BELOW STEPS to learn the requirements for application.
We appreciate your interest in working with the Tooele County School District.
Prior to submitting an application please refer to
Job Openings to confirm there is an open posting for Substitute Teachers.
Note: Applications will only be accepted during open job postings.
Exception: Applications from currently licensed teachers or those who have finished their student teaching with a college "Letter of Completion" will be accepted at any time.
There is no guarantee of employment.
Applications and all file data become the property of Tooele County School District. Applications for candidates that do not get offered a job will be shredded for security reasons.
After Closing of Job Posting
- Complete the online application located on Job Openings page. The application can be started and stopped as needed.
- Only applications received during a job posting will be considered.
- Upon completion of application, please save and submit. Applicant must APPLY for the desired position that is posted. Even if applicant marked other positions they are interested in, applicant must visit the Job Openings page and apply for those jobs when/if they are posted.
- Applicant will not be notified of any future openings. Therefore, visit the Job Openings page regularly.
- Please see job opening for additional requirements and job description.
- Once the job posting has closed, selected applicants will be called for an interview.
- Only U.S. citizens or aliens legally entitled to work in the United States are eligible for employment.
- Must have Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be 21 years of age.
Candidates will get an email to participate in the FREE SubEssentials Course. This course training is required prior to being considered for an interview. Your knowledge of this training will help prepare you for the job
There are many questions that prospective substitute teachers ask themselves:
- How do l know if I want to substitute teach without going into a classroom?
- If I do decide to substitute teach, will I be any good at it?
- What does the school district expect of substitute teachers?
- Is this the job for me?
STEP #1 - With these questions in mind, click the following link to complete Free 90-minute SubEssentials Introductory Course. This
course will introduce you to substitute teaching and not only help
prepare you for the classroom, but also the job interview.
- Download and read the ebook
- View the SubEssentials Video
- Send the completion certificate (mail, or email)
STEP #2 - After completion of the course, please email a PDF of the last page of course EBook to Dawn Alys Capito at Dcapito@tooeleschools.org. The deadline date for submitting the PDF will be indicated in the email. Please check your email regularly for follow-up information. An interview will not occur unless the SubEssentials Course has been completed prior to the deadline date.
NOTE: Any additional training completed at this point is at the expense of the applicant.
STEP #3 - Selected Candidates will be contacted via email to schedule an interview appointment.
As part of your employment process and before a Substitute can report to work or receive a pay check, the following must be completed:
Complete Substitute Employee Paperwork Packet. Upon completion, schedule an appointment with Dawn Alys Capito, Substitute Coordinator, to submit paperwork and get fingerprinted for a background check. Refer to checklist included in the packet to help track progress with requirements.
Along with the completed forms, bring:
fingerprints taken for a LiveScan background check:
hours for new hires are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
for walk-ins. Appointments are available on Monday and Tuesday from 10:00 a.m.
- 12:00 p.m. For scheduling, contact Georgette Shosted at (435) 833-1900 ext.
If you wish
to submit paperwork on the same day as fingerprint scan, an appointment to
submit paperwork must be scheduled with Dawn Alys Capito at
email@example.com or (435) 833-1900 ext. 1114.
Approved to Begin Working
The Aesop Substitute Coordinator will email the following once Guest Teacher is cleared to work:
Guest Teacher will be sent an email with Orientation information. Including date, times and location. Guest Teacher must attend Orientation in order to begin working. One-on-one Orientation can be scheduled but is discouraged due to limited schedule.
Welcome to Aesop
Upon completion of required training, Guest Teacher will be activated and sent a "Welcome" email which includes the login and training links for Aesop, our Sub Finder system. Guest Teacher is to watch Aesop training videos, log onto site and set up parameters for seeing and accepting assignments.
This is a mandatory training that must be completed
annually. Once the hiring process has been completed in Human
Resources, Guest Teacher will be sent an email with instructions on how to
access and complete the SafeSchools video training. Guest Teacher cannot access the
training prior to receiving this email. If training is not completed within two
weeks of date indicated on the email, Guest Teacher will be inactivated.
This training may be done on a personal computer, a school computer or at the
district office on computers designated for employee training. Please contact
the school front desk or the District Substitute Coordinator if you need to schedule
a time to complete your training on one of the district computers.
For questions, please contact:
Dawn Alys Capito
(435) 833-1900 ext. 1114
PLEASE NOTE: Guest teaching assignments are subject to availability. No one is guaranteed an assignment even after the hiring process is complete.
We limit the amount of guest teachers in our substitute pool to help keep everyone working as much as possible. We will have a limited amount of openings to be filled during any job posting. Not all applicants will get an interview and/or job offer.