Applications and all file data become the property of Tooele County School District. Applications for candidates that do not get offered a job will be shredded for security reasons.
- Complete the online application located on Job Openings page. The application can be started and stopped as needed.
- Only applications received during a job posting will be considered.
- Upon completion of application, please save and submit. Applicant must APPLY for the desired position that is posted. Even if applicant marked other positions they are interested in, applicant must visit the Job Openings page and apply for those jobs when/if they are posted.
- Applicant will not be notified of any future openings. Therefore, visit the Job Openings page regularly.
- Please see job opening for additional requirements and job description.
- Once the job posting has closed, selected applicants will be called for an interview.
- Only U.S. citizens or aliens legally entitled to work in the United States are eligible for employment.
- Must have Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be 21 years of age.
After Closing of Job Posting
Candidates will get an email to participate in the FREE SubEssentials Course and Assessment. These courses are required prior to being considered for an interview.
don't get scared away by this training and assessment.
Your score does
NOT qualify or disqualify you for an interview. It is a tool we use to help us determine what areas additional training is needed. Those selected for an interview must
complete the steps, but selection is based on a combination of documents we obtain from the applicant including application, resume,
reference letters and training.
There are many questions that prospective substitute teachers ask themselves:
- How do l know if I want to substitute teach without going into a classroom?
- If I do decide to substitute teach, will I be any good at it?
- What does the school district expect of substitute teachers?
- Is this the job for me?
STEP #1 - With these questions in mind, click the following link to complete Free 90-minute SubEssentials Introductory Course. This
course will introduce you to substitute teaching and not only help
prepare you for the classroom, but also help prepare you for the job
- Download and read the ebook
- View the SubEssentials Video
- Send the completion certificate (mail, or email)
After completing the course please email a PDF of the last page of course EBook to Dawn Alys Capito at Dcapito@tooeleschools.org
(Any additional training completed at this point is at the expense of the applicant)